Yes, you can watch Demand 5 video content on selected tablets and smartphones.
The Demand 5 apps provide access to the last 7 days’ shows from Channel 5, 5USA and 5*. It also allows you to stream a selection of older shows from the Channel 5 archive.
- Due to rights restrictions, some content cannot be provided on Demand 5
- To use the apps, you must be located in the UK
- All devices must have a functioning Wi-Fi connection; the apps will not stream content over 3G or 4G data connections
If you have an Apple iPad, iPod Touch or an iPhone, you can watch Demand 5 using the Demand 5 app for iOS.
To download the app, visit the App Store. The current version is compatible with iOS version 6.1 and above.
- This app does not support AirPlay to Apple TV due to rights restrictions
- The Demand 5 app will not work if your device has been jailbroken
The Demand 5 app for Android is available from the Google Play store.
It can be installed on the following devices:
- All Samsung Galaxy devices
- HTC One mini
- Tesco Hudl
- Kindle Fire HDX 7-inch
- Kindle Fire HDX 8.9-inch
- LG Optimus
- Motorola Xoom
- Nexus 10
- Nexus 5
- Nexus 7
- Sony Xperia T
- Sony Xperia U
- Sony Xperia Z
- Versus TouchTab 9.7 inch
If you are logged in to the Google Play Store, you will be able to check whether or not your app is compatible on the Demand 5 page.
To install the app on your device(s):
- Log in to the Google Play Store
- Search for Demand 5
- Click the Install button
- Choose a compatible device from the drop-down list
- The Demand 5 Android app will only function on selected manufacturers’ devices
- The app requires Android version 4.1 (Jelly Bean) or above
- Channel 5 doesn't offer technical support for this app
Windows 8.1 devices
If you have a Windows tablet, download the Demand 5 app from the Windows App Store.
The app supports live tiles, variable snap view, pinnable shows and other Windows features.
- Our Windows 8.1 app will only play on monitors that support HDCP. If you have connected your monitor using HDMI, DisplayPort or DVI connections, your device is probably compatible with the app
- The Windows 8.1 app will not play content on a VGA monitor
Windows Phone devices
If you have a Windows phone, download the Demand 5 app from the Windows Phone App Store.
- Your Windows phone must have a HD720P, WVGA or WXGA screen to use the app
On the web
If our apps are not compatible with your device(s), you may be able to watch Demand 5 by visiting channel5.com in your regular web browser.