Yes. From Wednesday 4th November you can watch Demand 5 via YouView on Sony BRAVIA 2015 televisions.
How do I access YouView on my Sony TV?
- From 8am on Wednesday 4th November, internet connected Sony TVs (FY15 models) will be able to download software version 2.623 which contains YouView.
- When prompted the update is installed and you will be taken through the YouView setup process.
- More information about YouView on Sony is available from the YouView website:
- The software package version can be confirmed by pressing HOME on the remote control and navigating to build information:
Settings > TV > About > Build > contains 2.623 towards the end of the string
- The YouView app version can be confirmed by pressing HOME on the remote control and navigating to software version:
Settings > TV > Channel setup > YouView Setup > Software Version > 1.35.5-36.1-android
Guidance ratings & Parental lock
In some cases the guidance ratings on Demand 5 programmes may trigger the Parental control function on Sony Bravia TVs, even if the age rating function has been turned off on setup.
To alleviate this:
- Go to the “Settings" on your TV
- Go to “Personal"
- Select "Parental Lock"
- Change “Guidance Block for Recorded Titles” from “On” to “Off”
To load the Demand 5 player:
- Press Home on your remote control
- Scroll down to featured apps
- Select Demand 5