We are aware that some of our users are still experiencing an “MPE-1003” error message while using the My5 app on some Samsung and Sony TV’s. There are several known ways in which the error can present itself, including:
- After watching the ads, just before the episode starts to play
- After pausing the episode for a period and then resuming playback
Our Tech Team has identified that the cause of the issue lies within the video player, and we are working closely with our development partners to improve its stability and reliability. We are currently in the final stages of testing an improved version, and we are aiming to release it to the public as soon as possible.
In the meantime, if this error happens to you, please try the following:
- Switch-off your TV at the wall, then switch it back on again (just putting it in standby mode won’t work)
- Launch the My5 app and try playing the episode again
- If the error reoccurs, try using other video streaming apps like All 4 or ITV Hub
- If you experience similar problems with those other apps, you may have a problem with your internet connection or Wi-Fi. In this case please try following the steps in our Video Playback checklist
If the error continues after trying these steps, we'd be grateful if you would report it here. We will be keeping all of those affected by this error updated on our progress in resolving it.
We do appreciate the frustration caused by these errors either interrupting your viewing or preventing content from playing correctly, and are determined to do all we can to resolve this issue so we appreciate your patience as we work to get the new player ready.
We will continue to keep you updated with any further progress on this matter but would like to apologise once again for the problems experienced whilst we work to improve the stability of the television app.
The Channel 5 support team.