Demand 5 offers a wide selection of shows from Channel 5, Spike, 5USA and 5*.
Not all shows are available on the Demand 5 service due to rights restrictions.
If a show isn't available, you'll see a notice on the show page on www.channel5.com.
What are rights?
When Channel 5 broadcasts a show, it has obtained the rights to broadcast that content in the UK. For some shows, it will also have obtained specific rights to offer the content on demand via the internet.
Rights affect Demand 5 in the following ways:
- Sometimes Channel 5 cannot obtain these on demand rights for a particular show
- In some cases, Channel 5 can obtain the rights for a limited period of time. Examples include shows featuring sports clips or musical performances, and shows originally made overseas
- Often older shows cannot be added to the service because Channel 5 obtained them before Demand 5 existed
- Sometimes we cannot offer the same shows on every app or device due to rights restrictions
When to find new shows
If Channel 5 has the rights to a show, it typically becomes available on Demand 5 while it is being broadcast on TV.
Some shows become available after a delay. These include:
- Live broadcast shows, such as Big Brother and The Wright Stuff
- Sports such as cricket, boxing and Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC), where play finishes very close to the next show