We often release new versions of the My5 app for Fire TV, to bring you new features to improve your experience, as well as to add important security and performance improvements.
We always recommend upgrading your My5 app to the latest version to take advantage of these updates.
How to Automatically Update Apps on Fire TV
Turning on the automatic app update setting on your Fire TV means you won't have to manually update your apps.
- From your Fire TV's Home screen, select Settings (gear icon) to the far right of the horizontal menu.
- Select Applications.
- Select Appstore.
- Turn Automatic Updates On.
How to Manually Update Apps on Fire TV
If you don't have automatic updates turned on, follow these instructions to update manually.
- From the Home screen, select Apps (three squares and a plus sign) to the far right of the horizontal menu.
- Highlight the My5 app.
- On your Fire TV remote, press the button with three horizontal lines on it.
- Select More Info.
- Select Update beside the Open button.