You may see the below error message on screen while watching a show on the Channel 5 website, or in the Demand 5 app on an Android or Apple mobile device.
Whoops! The programme you are trying to watch isn't currently available. Please try again later
The message will usually be accompanied by one of the below error codes:
- CA UNKNOWN
It will look something like this:
If you see one of these error messages, we recommend that you try the following:
- Try watching the show again.
- Make sure you're watching from within the UK. Read this article for more information.
- If watching on the www.channel5.com website please check your computer meets our recommended system requirements, including making sure you are using the latest version of your web browser
- If you're using an Android device, please ensure you are running Android version 4.1 (Jelly Bean) or higher. Please follow these simple steps to upgrade Android on your device.
- If you're using an iPhone or iPad, please ensure you are running iOS version 7 or higher. Please follow these simple steps to upgrade iOS on your iPhone or iPad.
- If you still have problems, try following the steps in our Video playback checklist to ensure you're not having any internet connection problems.
- Finally, if you still have problems, please contact our Customer Services team and let them know:
- The device you're using (e.g. PC, Mac, iPhone, Android phone)
- The specific Show/Series/Episode you're trying to watch
- The specific error message you have seen
- The date and time the error occurred
Please note – Unfortunately we will not always be able to respond directly to everyone, but the issue will always be logged and passed to our Technical Operations team for investigation.
While we work on fixing the problem, you can still catch up with your favourite show on My5 on one of these other devices.